Wilson NC Community Forum For All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stirring the Pot
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty29th December 2008, 7:18 pm by manyhawks

» Wilson Daily Times Forum Down
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty24th November 2008, 12:44 pm by manyhawks

» See you soon?
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty23rd November 2008, 10:23 pm by #1UNCFan

» Equal, you convinced yet?
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty23rd November 2008, 12:52 am by #1UNCFan

» Same User Name As alwaysatwork
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty23rd November 2008, 12:45 am by #1UNCFan

» Now enjoy your boards, I leave them to you.
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty22nd November 2008, 1:30 am by Always At Work

» New Stove?
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty22nd November 2008, 1:15 am by John Kerry

» manyhawks on the proboards forum an imposter
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty21st November 2008, 4:00 pm by Equal

» just a plain old forum for citizens of Wilson NC
Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty21st November 2008, 3:01 pm by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Wilson Daily Times Forum Down

+2
hucklebee
manyhawks
6 posters

Go down

Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty Wilson Daily Times Forum Down

Post by manyhawks 19th November 2008, 4:35 pm

I think it is childish the way that "alwaysatwork" and "equal" broke the forum rules of the WDT by posting names of members of the Wilson community and the way that other members of the forum ridiculed those who were named.

On "alwaysatwork's" forum a few members are revelling at their antics. And they have the audacity to say that others are the cause of the WDT forum being shut down.

Childish.
manyhawks
manyhawks

Back to top Go down

Wilson Daily Times Forum Down Empty Re: Wilson Daily Times Forum Down

Post by hucklebee 19th November 2008, 5:55 pm

What a shame. So many users have to suffer because of the actions of a few.

hucklebee

Back to top Go down

Post by quitlittering 19th November 2008, 6:49 pm

....what happened?
quitlittering
quitlittering

Back to top Go down

Post by manyhawks 19th November 2008, 9:07 pm

"alwaysatwork" and "equal" broke the forum rules of the WDT by posting names of members of the Wilson community. I really think that they believe I am one of the people that were named.

They are not the only two that were in on it however. If you want any more info than that you will have to pm me and I can fill you in with more details.

I do know for a fact that the WDT does not plan on bringing the forum back up right now.
manyhawks
manyhawks

Back to top Go down

Post by Equal 19th November 2008, 10:47 pm

What was childish was the way you conducted yourself.
Equal
Equal

Back to top Go down

Post by manyhawks 19th November 2008, 10:50 pm

equal wrote:What was childish was the way you conducted yourself.
It seems as if the kettle and pot are stained by the same fire.
manyhawks
manyhawks

Back to top Go down

Post by Equal 19th November 2008, 11:30 pm

You have used that line so many times. Oh, are you still on the Board of Adjustments for Wilson?
Equal
Equal

Back to top Go down

Post by manyhawks 19th November 2008, 11:33 pm

Nope. I have no affiliations with Wilson.
manyhawks
manyhawks

Back to top Go down

Post by quitlittering 19th November 2008, 11:57 pm

....it sure seems there is a lot of confusion about identities.
I know who you are refering to equal ,only b/c I have(had) been on the wdt almost from the beginning. I am not so sure you have the identity correct w/ mh. I might be wrong but my guess is I am not, and mh is not who you think he is. I do not know who mh's is and peoples identities are no concern of mine.

What in the world happened the other night when you guys started listing names. It seemed like all of you ganged up on these guys. My guess is that is why they closed the wdt forum down. But who knows b/c I did not stick around for the finale at the end, I reckon.
quitlittering
quitlittering

Back to top Go down

Post by Equal 20th November 2008, 12:24 am

I started a thread about one poster using a real name and another thread was started using another real name. One of the people who knows Dickerman from the Wilson Daily Times called him and he had it shut down.

We never combined the real name with the username, but we sure did start some uncomfortable feelings. We did it because these guys kept coming back time and time again under a new alias each time. We sent a message and it was heard loud and clear. That message was if you screw us we will screw back. Was it fair? Probably not. Was it effective? Absolutely.
Equal
Equal

Back to top Go down

Post by quitlittering 20th November 2008, 12:35 am

Equal wrote:I started a thread about one poster using a real name and another thread was started using another real name. One of the people who knows Dickerman from the Wilson Daily Times called him and he had it shut down.

We never combined the real name with the username, but we sure did start some uncomfortable feelings. We did it because these guys kept coming back time and time again under a new alias each time. We sent a message and it was heard loud and clear. That message was if you screw us we will screw back. Was it fair? Probably not. Was it effective? Absolutely.

....effective? To get the wdt forum closed down? Nope...I'm not so sure about that one. Seems wd is really going to miss her connections to those that follow her interests. And I am sure many others who were not involved in the 4's mess will miss it also.

Maybe effective in quieting about 4 people. So you guys allowed 4 people to control the fate of the forum.
Dude.

I still think the one guy you all called out has not been participating for awhile. For some reason he got on tw's bad list but I'm not so sure what exactly happened there. I got the feeling a lot of it was blown out of proportion, but I did not know all the details. Sad.
quitlittering
quitlittering

Back to top Go down

Post by Equal 20th November 2008, 12:42 am

Our goal was not to shut down the forum. For that I regret what happened. Mr. Barber and Mr. Winstead were the two individuals that were the offenders.
Equal
Equal

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPal 20th November 2008, 1:32 am

YOU GUYS SHOULD NOT HAVE SHUT DOWN THE FORUMS. THERE WAS ALOT OF INFORMATION THAT EVERYONE IN WILSON NEEDED TO HAVE ACCESS TO. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

BigPal

Back to top Go down

Post by quitlittering 20th November 2008, 1:36 am

....why don't you guys kiss and make up?
Not too mushie though.
quitlittering
quitlittering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th November 2008, 10:25 am

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thats all I got to say Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by manyhawks 20th November 2008, 10:34 am

Equal wrote:Our goal was not to shut down the forum. For that I regret what happened. Mr. Barber and Mr. Winstead were the two individuals that were the offenders.
I can assure you that I am neither of those individuals. I think it is very foolish to post names of people in the community and then ridicule them. You are playing with fire.

From my perspective the troublemakers were elcid and WD59. Those two constantly bashed others opinions. It is my opinion that those two stirred other members up with their accusations and snide comments and possibly by gossiping through pms.

It is also my opinion that a couple of WDT employees took a part in the fracas. That conduct was very unprofessional.
manyhawks
manyhawks

Back to top Go down

Post by John Kerry 20th November 2008, 7:11 pm

My wife Teresa and I just happened upon this forum and were wondering exactly where Wilson S.C. is located ? We realize that there is a lot of poverty in that area and did not realize that many southerners had access to the internet.

John Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th November 2008, 9:45 pm

manyhawks wrote:I think it is childish the way that "alwaysatwork" and "equal" broke the forum rules of the WDT by posting names of members of the Wilson community and the way that other members of the forum ridiculed those who were named.

On "alwaysatwork's" forum a few members are revelling at their antics. And they have the audacity to say that others are the cause of the WDT forum being shut down.

Childish.

revelling, I don't think that revelling is accurate. there may be a bit of gloating over it, but there is just as much concern that the forum is down. I have the audacity to say that you, and your friends caused the WDT to be shut off and terminated. None of us made any calls that night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th November 2008, 9:48 pm

manyhawks wrote:
Equal wrote:Our goal was not to shut down the forum. For that I regret what happened. Mr. Barber and Mr. Winstead were the two individuals that were the offenders.
I can assure you that I am neither of those individuals. I think it is very foolish to post names of people in the community and then ridicule them. You are playing with fire.

From my perspective the troublemakers were elcid and WD59. Those two constantly bashed others opinions. It is my opinion that those two stirred other members up with their accusations and snide comments and possibly by gossiping through pms.

It is also my opinion that a couple of WDT employees took a part in the fracas. That conduct was very unprofessional.

silly boy, these folks post there own names publically. There are bilboards, newspaper articles, adds, ect that they have chosed to place their names and faces on. They freely gave up their right to privacy when they decided to become and or run for public office.
when they went further by bashing everyone with an opposing veiw, they once again put themselves in the spotlight.
now they are there, they can deal with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by manyhawks 24th November 2008, 12:44 pm

Guest wrote:
manyhawks wrote:

silly boy, these folks post there own names publically. There are bilboards, newspaper articles, adds, ect that they have chosed to place their names and faces on. They freely gave up their right to privacy when they decided to become and or run for public office.
when they went further by bashing everyone with an opposing veiw, they once again put themselves in the spotlight.
now they are there, they can deal with it.
There is a difference in having a person's name on an advertisement and having someone post that person's name on a public forum then make accusations about that person and subject them to ridicule. You will be lucky if you don't get sued.

Alwaysatwork and his wife started their own forum and it seems that he wasn't happy with that. He wanted to silence the conservative voices on the WDT forum and he and his cohorts succeeded.

More info on the other forumotion forum.
manyhawks
manyhawks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down